WELCOME TO THE CITY OF SOUTH GATE'S SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL (SRTS) PROGRAM
Safe Routes to School (SRTS) is a federally funded program to increase the number of children who walk or bike to school in the US. Not only is it healthier for the children, but it reduces the number of cars and air pollution around the schools, and creates a more vibrant community.
This website provides information about the City’s SRTS program, links to related information about each elementary school and middle school in the City, and links to resources for parents and teachers to encourage children to walk and bike to school more.
- To learn more about the program, click on WHAT IS THE SOUTH GATE SRTS?
- To find links to your school’s homepage and School Route Plan Maps, click on AT YOUR SCHOOL.
- To find links to resources for parents and teachers to encourage more walking and biking to school, click on RESOURCES.
- To get a copy of the report that summarizes the program, including the student and parent surveys, click on WHAT IS THE SOUTH GATE SRTS?.
- The full website is also provided in Spanish.
We hope you find this website interesting and useful.